So after the shocking news last week (well it shocked me) I have some good - GREAT - news to share!
My next book will be self-published very soon. I plan/hope to have it up by the end of this month, but that is dependent upon having editing completed. As you can see from the super-cool image above (courtesy of www.tarynelliott.com) I plan to make this one available as both e-book and paperback (and plan to do the same with subsequent releases).
I will obviously keep you updated on the official release date, but I really feel like this is a whole new chapter (no pun intended) in my writing 'career'!
Hey, at least this way I'll actually get paid....
But for now
I was contacted late yesterday evening by a concerned author who had received notification that Ellora's Cave (our mutual publisher) had closed their doors. I hadn't heard anything directly, but sent an email to the contracts department this morning.
I received a response that a notification had been posted on a website/forum/blog or something (which I apparently "should have joined to receive official notifications", which if I'd been told about it I would have done). I was sent a copy of the notification, which confirmed that the publisher have indeed folded.
Also attached was a short document for me to complete and sign to have my book rights restored to me. Under the clauses of this document, my books will remain on Amazon etc., until December 31st, 2016, and after rights reversion I will then be able to self-publish/send to another publisher from January 1st, 2017. BUT another clause states that to have my rights revert to me, I must agree to forfeit any outstanding royalty payments.
Now, I most likely have very little in the way of outstanding royalties, since I have had only two books released, and as a beginning author I realize that my readership is small. HOWEVER I am less happy that they will be able to continue to sell my books online until the end of this year and none of the monies will come my way. In all likelihood, I will agree to this, just to have my rights revert without too much delay (though I have sent them a counter-proposal that if they pay me royalties CURRENTLY due, I will forfeit rights to any between now and end of year).
I am therefore asking that anyone who is considering purchasing one of my books hold off until the beginning of next year when, in some way, shape or form, they will once again be available!